Financial Aid and Merit Scholarship

Financial Aid and Merit Scholarship

Merit Scholarships

Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) offers Merit Scholarships to high achievers in the board exams.

  • The top 3 position holders from any of the BISE will be given a full waiver in tuition, admission and board exam fee.
  • In addition, FCCU offers a Limited number of Merit Scholarships to the students securing 1010+/1100 or equivalent in the Matriculation exams. These students will be given 75% waiver in the tuition fee and will need to deposit the remaining 25% of the tuition fee, admission fee, security and the Lahore BISE exam fees.
  • All merit scholarships are given on a first come, first served basis. Once the Merit Scholarships quota is complete; the college does not increase the number.

Provincial Quota Merit Scholarships

To promote diversity and make the dream of a higher education possible to all students, a certain number of merit scholarships are provided to students coming from different provinces of Pakistan. Students on this scholarship will be selected on provincial level merit list excluding students selected for the open merit scholarship. The minimum merit for selection out of provincial quota will be 90% marks in their relevant board. The beneficiaries will be provided 75% waiver in the tuition fee on a first come first serve basis. The candidate must deposit admission, security, and board exam fees.

Need and Merit-Based Financial Aid

Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) believes that deserving and academically good students should not give up their dreams of education because of financial constraints. The college, therefore, dedicates a significant portion of its budget each year to provide need and merit-based financial aid to its deserving and academically eligible students after its rigorous financial aid assessment process on a non-discriminatory and equal opportunity basis. This benefit covers tuition fee upto 50% for the qualifying students.

How to apply for financial aid

To apply, all financial aid applicants are required to follow the given steps:

Step 1: Deposit the financial aid processing fee (FPRO) of Rs 500 at the on-campus HBL branch.

Step 2: Drop office copy of paid challan form at the Financial Aid office Window # 015.

Step 3: Make sure your FCCU email account is activated before you submit challan form payment receipt. For email account login, visit Room # 204 in Ahmed Saeed Administration Building (ASAB).

Step 4: Financial aid application form account login access will only be emailed at your FCCU activated email account.

Step 5: After filling out and submitting the online financial aid application form, print the form and submit it along with all the required documents at Financial Aid office, window # 015 ASAB before the prescribed deadline.

 

Decisions after Application Processing:

After careful considerations of financial aid application, assessment decisions are emailed to students on their official email account.

Financial Aid Form Rechecking:

Financial Aid Applications are either accepted or rejected after the evaluation of financial aid form. The reason of rejection can be found in the email after financial aid assessment or student may visit window # 015 in Ahmad Saeed Administration Building. If anyone wants to get the form rechecked then the prescribed processing fee of rechecking will be charged. Following will be steps for rechecking of financial aid application:

Step 1: The Prescribed Processing Fee (Rs 500/-) must be deposited in FCC Nominated Bank Branch.

Step 2:  The submission of Processing Fee Receipt (Office Copy) and written request for rechecking along with any other additional information or documents must be filed in Financial Aid Window # 15.

Step 3: The department of financial aid will recheck the form to see if anything has been overlooked and a final decision would be communicated to the student as soon as the application processing is completed.

Useful Links: