Last date for application: Friday 3 November, 2017
Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) has a vacancy for Academic Office Assistant. This position will be responsible for providing requested clerical support for assigned site; communicating various information regarding activities and/or response to requests; and providing for timely and accurate distribution of materials. It will report to the Vice Rector (I) through the Intermediate Coordinator.
Employees in this job perform and oversee a variety of general office support assignments where the processing of documents and recording, retrieving, and distribution of data or information is an essential and/or substantial part of the work. The individuals are expected to:
- respond appropriately to queries, calls, emails, etc.
- collect the intermediate admission forms by categories, check accompanying documents, and collate according to merit.
- photocopy the Part I and II transcripts and result cards, enter college roll #s on the copies, and distribute the original to students.
- prepare and issue Character Certificates to Part II students
- prepare based on provided format an analysis of the Part I and II results based on sections and instructors.
- prepare and issue upon requests Hope, Bonafide, Medium of instruction, College Leaving, Character, and other such certificates.
- prepare class lists and distribute to Department Heads.
- prepare Board Registration Forms including Fee Challan for part I; check entries/documents, and attest with college stamp.
- collect log in and password from Lahore BISE and enter Board Registration data online through Lahore BISE website.
- submit the Registration Forms to the Board; attend to any corrections requested.
- collect the processed Registration forms from the Board; photocopy them; add college roll #s on the copies; distribute originals to the students.
- process any incorrect entries on the Registration forms with the Board.
- collect leave forms and forward for onward processing; distribute student copies appropriately; file office copies together with all documentation(s) and enter leave record in Empower.
- generate and print appropriate reports through EMPOWER as needed or requested.
- collate attendance records and print analysis: generate drop lists accordingly.
- display drop lists; issue correctly filled readmission forms; process accurately the drop list clearances or otherwise.
- process the cases for supplementary exams with the Board; issue roll # slips.
- provide required help with the organization of the Parent – Teacher meetings.
- issue examination forms to students of parts I and II; collect completed forms with all documentation; enter internal grades on each form; place college stamp on all areas for attestation; arrange forms in roll # order; get all forms signed by the Vice Rector, prepare lists on Board pattern for submission with the forms. This is done in four stages (based on when the student meets the minimum attendance requirement): single fee, double fee, triple fee, and final with additional fine.
- enter Board Examination data online through Lahore BISE website.
- collect Roll # slips for parts I and II from the Board; photocopy these; add college Roll #s to copies; prepare lists; check clearance form and distribute original to students
- assists other personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- carry out Student Evaluations of faculty in January each year; enter data onto appropriate form on computer; collate the data; print and distribute to faculty.
- update student contact information as soon as any changes are notified.
- any other task that requires the support and cooperation of the Academic Office
- 12 years of education (Intermediate) with a first division score is the minimum qualification required; 14 years of education would be preferred
- Experience is preferred but not necessary
- Fluent English language skills
- Appropriate interpersonal skills
- Relevant computer skills including all features of Microsoft Office
Interested candidates should send their CV, a cover letter, contacts of two referees, and copies of degrees and experience certificates to email@example.com by Friday 3 November, 2017. It is necessary to clearly mention the job title in the subject line.
Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) is an equal opportunity employer.